Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Producers a smash hit in Fuengirola, Spain


Mel Brooks musical comedy 'The Producers' opened at Fuengirola's Salon Varietes Theatre on Friday March 25 for a twelve-day run. It was absolutely first class! The acting was terrific, the direction was expert, every clever witty line came across and the audience was roaring with laughter throughout.

I could nitpick about a couple of minor glitches with the scenery moving but I won't as this was the first night and I am sure it will be fixed by second night. What else can I complain about? The Mars bars sold by the charming usherettes melted in my pocket before I had a chance to eat them both.

The Salon Varietes Theatre is an English language theatre, the only one in Spain I believe. Where did they find these star performers? I don't know but I am going again closing night (Tuesday April 5), if I lived closer I would probably go mid-run as well. This is not to be missed.

This blog is called Bob's Daily Grumble so, alright; they will have to get better insulated wrappers for those Mars ice cream bars.

London Bobby
Time traveller from the last century.

No comments:

Post a Comment