Friday, June 25, 2010

Bouquet for Ontario Ministry of Transport

I passed my old geezer's driving test today. No road test, they know we old geezers have the skills, but written and eyesight tests and a subtle general (mental) evaluation at a seminar for forty of us old fogies. From now on I have to pass this every two years. I must say the quality of the employees at the Ont Ministry of Transportation surprised me, efficient, friendly, concerned, not at all the cold uncaring civil servant bogieman we all dread to meet.

Self-assessment was one of the watchwords they pushed so no more long-distance driving for me. City traffic I can handle. Compared with Europe, Mississauga roads are well laid out and full of gentle folk and well-behaved motor-cyclists.

Bob, time-traveller from last century.

No comments:

Post a Comment